in pandemics, war, and peacetime
Dobrodiy Club – an all-Ukrainian charitable organization, which helps children since 2011. The fund was officially registered in 2016. Maria Artemenko is the founder and leader on a volunteer basis.
In peacetime, the main focus of the foundation’s activities is the education and mentoring program.
During the war, Dobrodiy Club helps children in two ways:
EMERGENCY HELP FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN who are on the brink of survival (food, essential hygiene products for children, baby food). Thousands of requests are received by the foundation from small towns and villages of Ukraine, where there are no volunteer centres, and people have nowhere to get help or find a job. The foundation also does not leave Ukrainians in the temporarily occupied territories without support.
SUPPORTING CHILDREN DURING THE WAR. The war in Ukraine took from children many things that brought them happiness – home, school, games, friends and even family. To help bring back the joy of childhood, Dobrodiy Club provides free creative classes for children and teenagers, art therapy, etc. It also helps set up areas for creativity and learning in the shelters.
Dobrodiy Club is always where children need it for their future and well-being.
Help children with us!
Our purpose to help children from orphanages in Ukraine find a better future.
Our vision that all children grow up to achieve their very best and that no child is alone.
We help them through:
1. Education, so they can grow and reach their potential.
2. Family support, so children can be free from poverty and have a safe and loving start in life.
3. Mentorship, so no child is alone and they have someone alongside them to guide them.
We give a fishing rod and not the fish!
Maria is leader of the volunteers in Ukraine, a fan of effective altruism. Has been involved in charity for 10 years. Expert in communications of social, educational, and cultural projects. Founder of the Center for Charity Development. One of the initiators of the All-Ukrainian Day of Good Deeds #GivingTuesday.
● Material help: you can help children from orphanages by donating the material resources.
● Visiting orphanages in Kyiv and Lviv region: you can visit the orphanage where there are many children, and then choose one to becomes their mentor. You can become a volunteer driver and drive volunteers to children, or bring children to a location in Kyiv, as we periodically organize various activities for them in the city.
● Pro Bono volunteers (professional help - a person helps with activities that they do professionally). We are always looking for talented people - copywriters, designers, photographers, videographers - who are ready to use their talent to strengthen our impact on the lives of orphaned children and children in difficult life circumstances.
There are a lot of options. We are sure that you will find the one that suits you best, become part of the community of volunteers, and change the world for the better together with us.
2. Write to us at [email protected]
3. Attend a special first meeting for volunteers. Such meetings are held periodically and we inform about them on our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram).
4. Become a member of our team.
Leader of the volunteers in Ukraine, a fan of effective altruism. Has been involved in charity for 8 years. Expert in communications of social, educational, and cultural projects. Founder of the Center for Charity Development. One of the initiators of the All-Ukrainian Day of Good Deeds #GivingTuesday.
There are 70,491 orphans and children deprived of parental care who are officially registered (as of December 31, 2018, according to the Ministry of Social Policy). Among these there are 22,126 orphaned children (31%) and 48,365 children who are deprived of parental care (69%).
90,000 children who are living in boarding schools are social orphans – that means they are children who have biological parents but cannot live with them for certain reasons (according to the Presidential Commissioner for Children’s Rights in Ukraine Mykola Kuleba).
8,000 new orphans and children without parental care appear in Ukraine every year. The main reasons: parents in difficult financial circumstances, alcohol and drug usage, child abuse.
64,709 children are being raised in the family formats of education – (under guardianship – 50,766, in foster families and family-type orphanages – 13,943). More than 4,5 thousand children are raised in public institutions of various types.
In boarding schools, more than 30% of children (aged 4 to 18) have special educational needs.
Only 10-20% of children who graduate from the orphanage become successful in life.
Support the Fund
Orphans and children from families in difficult life circumstances did not choose their past, but with your support they have a chance to become successful and change their future!
You can support children by choosing a convenient transfer method and amount.
Joint efforts create magic!
Charitable organization Charitable Foundation “Dobrodiy Club”
EDRPOU code: 40709504
UA08305299 00000 26003040118479 (UAH)
in PJSC CB “PRIVAT-BANK”
Purpose of payment: Charitable contribution.
Decision on non-profitability: №267 / 26-55-12-03 dated September 28, 2016.
If you are sending help for a specific project, please indicate it in the comments to the transfer.
Go to the Monobank application in the section “Other payments – Charity”, select Charitable Foundation “Dobrodiy Club” and make a transfer to support of children.
For money transfers in foreign currencies, bank account details can be found here.
You can become our patron on the Patreon service. You choose the level of support you give to children every month.
BTC – 12FLF8rhwNR2WA1U2hVzTULkcXgZeF96bZ
ETH – 0x355ddb88865ce10fd186892213444bdb397aeca4
USDT (TRC20) –TRx89JMh2ezHtyLUCLRHofre7yeAbKejir