find a better future
Dobrodiy Club is a Ukrainian charitable organisation helping orphans and families with children in difficult life circumstances since 2011. The fund was officially registered in 2016. Maria Artemenko is the founder and leader on a volunteer basis.
Education and mentoring
In peacetime, the foundation’s primary focus is education and mentoring.
We give a fishing rod, not a fish! The team implements educational programmes that motivate children to learn and expand their worldview, laying the foundation for a successful future. We promote the idea against pitifulness because children in difficult circumstances need knowledge, skills and opportunities, not compassion.
We are becoming vital support! Every child needs to have a significant adult who believes in and supports success. Such a person for orphans are volunteers who communicate with them systematically, pass on values and show positive experiences of relationships. The mentoring program operates in Kyiv and Lviv regions.
Providing basic needs
During the pandemic and the Russian-Ukrainian war, the foundation helps children and families cover basic needs: warmth, food, arranging living spaces, paying for transfers to safe places, distributing toys and creative kits for childhood.
During the pandemic, Dobrodiy Club helped more than 17,000 children, and during the full-scale war in Ukraine – 15,000.
Dobrodiy Club is always where children need it for their future and well-being.
Help children with us!
Our purpose to help children from orphanages in Ukraine find a better future.
Our vision that all children grow up to achieve their very best and that no child is alone.
We help them through:
1. Education, so they can grow and reach their potential.
2. Family support, so children can be free from poverty and have a safe and loving start in life.
3. Mentorship, so no child is alone and they have someone alongside them to guide them.
We give a fishing rod and not the fish!
Maria is leader of the volunteers in Ukraine, a fan of effective altruism. Has been involved in charity for 10 years. Expert in communications of social, educational, and cultural projects. Founder of the Center for Charity Development. One of the initiators of the All-Ukrainian Day of Good Deeds #GivingTuesday.
● Material help: you can help children from orphanages by donating the material resources.
● Visiting orphanages in Kyiv and Lviv region: you can visit the orphanage where there are many children, and then choose one to becomes their mentor. You can become a volunteer driver and drive volunteers to children, or bring children to a location in Kyiv, as we periodically organize various activities for them in the city.
● Pro Bono volunteers (professional help - a person helps with activities that they do professionally). We are always looking for talented people - copywriters, designers, photographers, videographers - who are ready to use their talent to strengthen our impact on the lives of orphaned children and children in difficult life circumstances.
There are a lot of options. We are sure that you will find the one that suits you best, become part of the community of volunteers, and change the world for the better together with us.
2. Write to us at [email protected]
3. Attend a special first meeting for volunteers. Such meetings are held periodically and we inform about them on our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram).
4. Become a member of our team.
Leader of the volunteers in Ukraine, a fan of effective altruism. Has been involved in charity for 8 years. Expert in communications of social, educational, and cultural projects. Founder of the Center for Charity Development. One of the initiators of the All-Ukrainian Day of Good Deeds #GivingTuesday.
There are 70,491 orphans and children deprived of parental care who are officially registered (as of December 31, 2018, according to the Ministry of Social Policy). Among these there are 22,126 orphaned children (31%) and 48,365 children who are deprived of parental care (69%).
90,000 children who are living in boarding schools are social orphans – that means they are children who have biological parents but cannot live with them for certain reasons (according to the Presidential Commissioner for Children’s Rights in Ukraine Mykola Kuleba).
8,000 new orphans and children without parental care appear in Ukraine every year. The main reasons: parents in difficult financial circumstances, alcohol and drug usage, child abuse.
64,709 children are being raised in the family formats of education – (under guardianship – 50,766, in foster families and family-type orphanages – 13,943). More than 4,5 thousand children are raised in public institutions of various types.
In boarding schools, more than 30% of children (aged 4 to 18) have special educational needs.
Only 10-20% of children who graduate from the orphanage become successful in life.
Support the Fund
Orphans and children from families in difficult life circumstances did not choose their past, but with your support they have a chance to become successful and change their future!
You can support children by choosing a convenient transfer method and amount.
Joint efforts create magic!
Charitable organization Charitable Foundation “Dobrodiy Club”
EDRPOU code: 40709504
UA08305299 00000 26003040118479 (UAH)
in PJSC CB “PRIVAT-BANK”
Purpose of payment: Charitable contribution.
Decision on non-profitability: №267 / 26-55-12-03 dated September 28, 2016.
If you are sending help for a specific project, please indicate it in the comments to the transfer.
Go to the Monobank application in the section “Other payments – Charity”, select Charitable Foundation “Dobrodiy Club” and make a transfer to support of children.
For money transfers in foreign currencies, bank account details can be found here.
You can become our patron on the Patreon service. You choose the level of support you give to children every month.
BTC – 12FLF8rhwNR2WA1U2hVzTULkcXgZeF96bZ
ETH – 0x355ddb88865ce10fd186892213444bdb397aeca4
USDT (TRC20) –TRx89JMh2ezHtyLUCLRHofre7yeAbKejir